Monday, October 29, 2007

Party of five becomes party of six!


I'd like to introduce you to Branham Phillip-Tian Hammond. I started the day with so many butterflies I wasn't sure I was going to make it, but things went as well as they possibly could have. We met Branham at around 1:45, Monday, October 29, 2007. He was shy for about 2 minutes, but as you can see from the pictures, he warmed up to Cole very quickly. We're so glad we brought him with us--even with the broken leg! He and Branham hit it off wonderfully, and Cole says he already feels like his brother!

Branham is already trying to pick up some English, and we taught him how to play war with some playing cards we had, and he picked it up very quickly. I think he's quite bright, but I am a little bias. We had dinner, and he was a very good eater--someone may finally eat my cooking at home! We're getting ready for bed so we'll see how the rest of the night goes. So far, things have gone almost too smoothly, but I'm not complaining. He is already calling me "mommy," and he likes looking at pictures of the rest of the family and calls Raegan mei-mei for sister. All in all we feel very blessed so far and can't wait for you all to meet him. Continue to pray for things to go as smoothly as they have so far. Hopefully we'll have some fun updates for you throughout the rest of the week. Love ya!



2 comments:

Paula said...

It loooks like things are going so well. I will be praying for the transition will continue to go well. We are so excited for your family!
Paula Holsberry

Tina said...

Congrats Hammond Family! So exciting!! I'm hoping our gotcha day goes as smoothly!!
Love,
Tina Salvador
waiting for RA for Kennedi